Friday, October 19, 2012

Intel SDK for OpenCL Fails to Create New Projects

I recently began working with OpenCL and opted to use Intel's OpenCL SDK. I'm working in a Windows environment with Visual Studio 2010, so I was drawn to Intel's SDK because of their Visual Studio plugin support. Unfortunately, I didn't get very far before I hit the first snag.

After installing the SDK, the following project template is available.
OpenCL projects are available after installing the SDK
I gave my project a name and clicked 'OK', and I ended up with an empty project. It had the name I gave it, but no files were associated with it. There was nothing to work with. I tried several more times to no avail. All I got were empty projects. After some time on Intel's forums, I found the culprit. There is a small bug in the current SDK, and it causes project creation on Visual Studio 2010 to fail. Luckly, it's an easy fit.

To get projects to create properly, navigate to the Visual Studio directory. From there, go to VC\vcprojects\OpenCL and locate the  OpenCLProj.vsz file. Open this file in a text editor and replace Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.9.0 with Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.10.0.

That's it! OpenCL projects are now created with the proper content.

Source: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/278415

No comments:

Post a Comment